WHAT IS ACUPUNCTURE?
Acupuncture is a medical technique with origins in China. It consists of ing thin needles in specific energy points in the body to balance and re-establish the body’s harmony, alleviating symptoms associated with imbalance and activating a physiological system. Needles are made from sterilized stainless steel and are disposed after a single use.
WHAT ARE ITS USES?
- Acupuncture stimulates the immune system, improving the patient’s strength.
- Acupuncture is one of the best alternative therapies recommended by the World Health Organisation for treating physical pain, both chronic and sharp pain.
- It is also very effective for treating psychological-emotional symptoms, increasing a general sense of wellbeing, calming anxiety, improving sleep, and regulating appetite.
- The World Health Organisation has also confirmed that acupuncture is applicable and has beneficial effects in treating many illnesses, including: depression, fatigue, stress, anxiety, allergies, dependency on tobacco and other addictions, insomnia, headaches and migraines, menstrual and gynaecological problems, digestive problems, t and spinal column problems (lower back, cervical, and sciatic pain), skin disorders, fibromyalgia, and chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Acupuncture is also highly effective in treating menopausal hot flushes and has been successful in up to 70% of cases treated.
- Acupuncture is used to treat certain infertility problems, help increase success of in vitro fertilisation to 61.5%, and promote the success of other methods related to fertility.
ADVANTAGES OF OUR ACUPUNCTURE SERVICE
- The best professionals.
- Safe treatment.
- Personalised diagnosis.
WHAT DOES AN ACUPUNCTURE SESSION INVOLVE?
Before starting treatment, it is necessary to have a first visit. This visit s the five diagnostic methods according to traditional Chinese medicine: inspection, observation, palpation, taking pulse, and observation of the tongue. In this way, the therapist obtains necessary information for adequate treatment and to achieve proper results.
- Insert very thin needles in the previously ed acupuncture points according to the symptoms and energy diagnosis carried out.
- With the patient lying stretched out on the stretcher, needles are left in for 20-30 minutes.
- Removal of needles.
Back to the list of units